September is National Preparedness Month
Posted on: 2014 09 15
During National Preparedness Month FEMA asks you, your family, community and workplace to take action by planning a National PrepareAthon! Day on or around September 30th. They recommend using digital media tools as a way to promote National Preparedness Month, September 1-30th.
What you can do to promote National Preparedness Month:
- Check out the How to Get Involved in NPM Quick Guide
- Download the 2014 National Preparedness Month Digital Engagement Toolkit
- Share NPM messages on Social Media
- View and share the new Ready Campaign Public Service Announcements
- Join the National Preparedness Community and download the high resolution NPM logo
- Promote NPM by updating your Facebook and Twitter cover photo and profile image
- For NPM materials in Spanish please visit:www.ready.gov/es/septiembre
- Register for National PrepareAthon! Day: www.ready.gov/prepare
- On September 2nd, nearly one thousand of your neighbors joined ourThunderclap message reaching over 6.7 million people, allowing their social network followers know that it’s National Preparedness Month. How does Thunderclap work? Once you've signed up, Thunderclap will sync your social media accounts to release an automatic Facebook post or Tweet.